FREE SHIPPING AT HIPPOS TOES!!!

HIPPOS TOES is offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $50 or more!!!!!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When to Launch???



When will launch day for Hippos Toes get here? I was hoping it would be the end of August, but now it looks more likely to be in September, no later than October!! The clothing is made in South Africa and they only make as much as they have orders for. So all items were made based on the initial order that I placed. They don't have inventory laying around, (which is great from an environmental standpoint), and they only make as much as they have orders for. So I am waiting for them to complete the clothing that I will be selling. I think that is such a great selling point about these clothes. That really stands out from the way the majority of retailers sell their clothing. Just making a bunch of things and hoping they sell. I like this "greener" approach that the manufacturer has adopted to making their products. Less resources used - that's good for all of us!


When I visited South Africa a few years back, that was one thing that really stood out to me, the fact that the country was so intune with the environment and conservation! I just loved that! When you go to the grocery store you pay for your bag, to encourage you to bring your own. Water is such a valuable resource that they really stress the need to conserve it!


But I ramble.....of course I will be updating as the launch date gets closer and my clothes arrive :). I will be having some grand opening sales so stay tuned for that as well.

No comments: