FREE SHIPPING AT HIPPOS TOES!!!

HIPPOS TOES is offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $50 or more!!!!!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

You are my Sunshine......


my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray.......

That is the first lullaby that I have ever sung to my son. When he was a newborn I started singing it at the hospital. It just seemed like the right words for how I felt about him. I remember thinking, "I know someone is going to come in and take him away, he can't be mine." We waited so long for him that it just felt so surreal. Since then I have been singing it to him every night before bed. It's our song.

What is your favorite lullaby to sing to your little sweetie? Do you have a favorite that you sing every night or do you like to change it up and sing something different? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

6 comments:

michelle said...

I sing that with my daughter all the time. She is almost 5 and we call that our song. My husband actually gets in trouble if he tries to sing it with her. That makes me laugh!

Mayet said...

I sang that while pregnant to my 9 month old baby Karen and actually I still do. She likes it very much, judging from the look on her face. ;)

christie said...

We sing all kinds of stuff to our baby, but he ALWAYS goes to sleep when I hold him close and go "oooommmmmmmmm" over and over. My singing? doesn't really help the situation.

Unknown said...

i love that song and sing it all the time to my son. i also sing a little song that my dad made up when i was a kid called bi-lo-baby. i love it!

Ohana Mama said...

I actually used the a-b-c song to put my son to sleep. Or twinkle twinkle little star or my mom's song to me, Baby's Boat.

But we do love You are my sunshine as well...it's an all time fave.

Unknown said...

I have never been much of a singer but I love to hum to my girls. Thanks for stopping by. Hope to hear from you again.